Sexpo UK will NOT be taking place in July
Posted: May 15, 2019
Adult lifestyle exhibition Sexpo UK will not be taking place at the NEC on the advertised dates of July 12th-14th this year. The news was broken by event sponsor MyFreeCams, which emailed its models on May 13th with the message: “We have just been informed by the organisers of Sexpo UK that they are rescheduling the event for later this year and will not be holding the event July 12th-14th as was planned.”
Some models who received the mail took to Twitter to complain about the lack of notice given, particularly as costs had already been accrued, prompting Sexpo UK to reply: “We advised MFC last night that we have asked the venue for new dates, for later in the year. We intend to make a statement once we have confirmed new dates, in the coming days. We ask that everyone wait for that statement before deciding if the new dates are workable for you.”
No reasons were given for the change in dates and when one model said she would be losing a significant sum on hotels, trains, and flights that had already been booked, Sexpo UK said: “We had intended to make a statement at the same time as releasing new dates. Clearly that plan is now redundant. We will have further news as soon as we can confirm dates.”
Founded in 1995, the event has been held over 80 times, mainly in Australia but also in several other international markets. The first Sexpo UK event was staged in London in 2015 by Carnal Creative under licence. Sexpo founder David Ross subsequently took over responsibility for the running of UK events. Earlier this year, Sexpo Australia was acquired by the Australia Exhibitions Group (AEG).
ETO has contacted Sexpo UK and David Ross for comment and we hope to have more on this story in our June issue, which is currently in production.