Lovehoney and Rocks-Off star in Good Housekeeping sex toy survey

Posted: May 25, 2016

Good Housekeeping magazine has run another of its comprehensive sex toy reviews, giving vibrators to a panel of 270 women aged 31 to 76 to test. Afterwards they were asked to complete a questionnaire about their experience and Lovehoney’s Desire Clitoral Vibrator was voted best out of the 27 vibrators from various firms which were tried. It got an overall score of 74/100 and was a hit with nine out of the ten women who tried it.

Good Housekeeping said: “It has a great range of speeds and pulses and is surprisingly quiet for the intense sensations achieved.”

Lovehoney co-owner Neal Slateford said: “It is amazing to come top of Good Housekeeping’s survey. No one tests products like Good Housekeeping women – you know if their readers like a product, it really works. Their fantastic Tried and Tested vibrator survey, now in its third year, sends out a great message to society as a whole that sex toys are great way of achieving sexual happiness.”

Three out of the top six toys featured by Good Housekeeping were from Rocks-Off, and the scores from the reviewers placed them 2nd, 3rd and joint 4th. The Ruby Glow scored 71/100 and was complimented on its ‘great range of speeds’. The RO-Duet remote-control vibrating love egg was hailed as ‘Best for Couples’ and scored 69/100. The Luv intimate massager was praised for its ‘intense’ settings and ‘easy to operate’ shape, scoring 67/100. Two of Rocks-Off’s featured products are nominated for ETO Awards: RO-Duet for Best New Couples Product, and Ruby Glow for Most Innovative New Product.

Andrea Duffy, international sales manager for Rocks-Off, said: “We were delighted when the Colour Me Orgasmic RO-80mm bullet vibrator was featured in Good Housekeeping in 2014, but this is a terrific honour. The exposure is another example of changing social attitudes towards vibrators and adult pleasure products.”

Tabitha Rayne, inventor of the Ruby Glow, said: “It’s amazing to think that this time two years ago, the Ruby Glow was just a lump of clay and plaster in my writing shed. It just shows how one idea can blossom with the encouragement and support of the right people.”

A survey 1,000 women by Good Housekeeping found that 46% were more likely to have an orgasm with their vibrator, while 44% found it easier to have an orgasm and 24% said they were more sexually satisfied after using a vibrator. Almost one in five (18%) had more sex than before while using vibrators and 13% said their use made them more confident in asking for what they want in bed. Just over half those surveyed (52%) owned a vibrator and the other half (48%) had considered it. Only 9% said vibrators were still a taboo subject – 81% were happy to openly talk about them with their partner and friends.

For more about the Good Housekeeping sex toy Tried & Tested piece click here.

Leave a Reply