Glastonbury Festival of Erotica axed by council

Posted: June 27, 2013

An erotic festival advertised to take place at a Somerset leisure centre has been cancelled.

The Glastonbury Festival of Erotica organisers said they ‘had no choice but to cancel’ after Mendip District Council withdrew permission for the day-long Festival of Erotica, which due to take place on June 15.

County councillor George Steer said: “I think something like that would be fine in a big city, but it’s not really the right sort of thing for Glastonbury.” The event’s organisers said ticket sales for the event had been strong.

The managing director of Avalon Leisure, Rob Taylor, confirmed that he had been behind the decision to cancel. “I took the decision simply because it was an event which was out of our remit,” he said. “We just don’t have an adult entertainment licence, so it was outside the remit of our lease agreement.

The decision was made, he said, following a discussion with Mendip District Council.

One thought on “Glastonbury Festival of Erotica axed by council

  1. Pingback: Banned in Glastonbury…A Festival of Erotica is seeking a new venue after being banned from council premises | Melon Farmers Blog

Leave a Reply